2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup mashed bananas (I like to use a hand held blender)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees (165 degrees C). Butter one 9×5 inch loaf pan
2. Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, oil and bananas
3. Sift or whisk together the sugar, flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the banana mixture and stir in the nuts. Mix well.
4. Pour into prepared bread pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Use a butter knife to release the bread from the sides of bread pan and then flip onto wire racks….quickly flip right side up and cool.